Friday 10 May 2013

Hugs and happiness :)

Today deserves a blog post :) I woke up to a tight see-you-soon-hug from my sister Vandy. Today was the last day of school for her. The summer break starts from tomorrow. And she’ll be leaving for home. I walked into the hostel with my mother and knocked on Anuradha’s door. She ran out to give me a hug and we walked upstairs together to my room. We exchanged our farewell presents and shared a quick happy chat. Anu is my favourite junior and in just one year together we’ve become awesome buddies. She is like a sister to me and I jokingly hit on her brother. Do you understand the logic? Or, is there any logic? I ran to give Kranti a hug. I received another loud “I missed you” from her and she walked to my room with me to greet my mum. She took her present and ran for her exam. She and I became chudbuds after she joined the hostel in the second year. It took us time to click, because both of us are amazing talkers and equally poor listeners. Then I went searching for Anushri, Shireen and Shilpi. They were all sitting and chatting away in Shilpi’s room. The moment I walked in, 6 arms grabbed me and incoherent screams made me jump up and down and clap my hands like a happy little kid. “Alright you guys, surprise, follow me” I shouted and rushed out of the room. Anushri is my roommate. A total sweetheart. I love her. We share. We care. We are a family of two living under one roof, inside one door. Shireen is my neighbour. Fun and sassy. And her new haircut is awesome. And we all call her Lassue-Le! And we love her. Shilpi is another amazing buddy of mine. She jokes about marrying my mum and I call her my step dad. After the gift distribution, mama gave me a bye-bye hug. I’ll miss her. In the evening Anushri and I went out to buy tuck for the week. And we bought aalu bhujiya and vegetables - one onion, one lemon, one tomato, and a very few coriander leaves to make bhelpuri. Lol. All the bargaining and minimal shopping we do to save up pocket money. Dad spent hours on rescanning a book that I lost. Gosh I’m careless. A mental hug to him. After a few hours of studying hard, we sat down to eat the bhelpuri readied by Anushri. And we played a silly game of multilingual conversing. Shilpi and Anushri speak Asaamese, Shireen and Adina speak Ladakhi and I speak Telugu. So all of us spoke our own languages and pretended to understand what each other said. And we died laughing when we understood a few words. The best part about living in the hostel is accepting and relating to the Pan-Indianism. Oh I forgot to introduce Adina. She is a very soft spoken person. Sweet and loving. Sisterly. Shireen’s cousin. And she lives in the room opposite to mine. At the end of the day, it’s another day over. And today was a good day. Last few days of graduation, last few days in the hostel. And I’m already missing everyone. Lots and lots and lots of love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment