Monday 5 January 2015

Hello, awesome peeps. Have I wished you a happy new year yet?

Five full days into 2015, but my brain will still not shake offfffff the feeling that the ‘90s were ten years ago! Lol! DDLJ and Shah Rukh Khan are old!
I have omitted SRK’s name from my get-creepy-about-favorite-men-list after Happy New Year. I mean what exactly happened for 2.5hrs in the movie hall that evening? Even Vaseline couldn’t help my brain recover.

I spent my new year’s eve with a pizza, garlic bread, jalapeño dip and coke. And a book. I started reading the lover’s dictionary and decided it wasn’t meant for me.
Then I swore to myself. That I’ll stop being my old, lazy bones self, that would wake up late and retire early.
Then I came to accept that however the year unfolds, that it will unfold.
So I’m going to do my bit and chill. You do the same, yeah?
2015 brings with it many promises. Here’s to making it count.
So I wish for you and myself a miracle if those really happen. Or else, let’s make do with a happy accident like finding a note in the unwashed jeans pocket or bumping into someone we’ve been hoping to see. I hope a dream comes true, like 2014 had one in store for me in the form of ten grades Oxford result. Sure, I strived my ass off for it. You do that too, for whatever you want.
Should I pray for a blessing in disguise for us? Because they usually bring lessons, right?
Let 2014 rub off its awesomeness on 2015, however little a bit it maybe. Past is prologue, they said. So I’m carrying into the future all the good habits I put on, the right choices I made, the skills I developed, the achievements I earned, and the hope I learnt to hold on to. For the current year and further.
You do the same.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment