Monday 29 April 2013

How soon is soon?



He gently touched my left ring finger with his right index.
“Soon” he sighed dreamily.
“How soon is soon?” I asked being sure of the answer. No, not again. This guy, cheers my heart and I forget to do my daily chores. I have an assignment to submit the next day.
“4 years from now” he sounds realistic now, end of dream!
I sighed heavily. “Really now” I pulled my ring off my other hand. “You party-pooper! That’s so anti... anti...”
“Anti-climactic?” he took the ring from me and slipped it onto my heart finger. I looked away, my waves covering my face. He pushed them back to get a clear view of my blush.
“We are in the metro. People are looking.”
“Too late,” he said, his hand on my shoulder, “a few are already goggling at us.”

“I don’t want to turn the few into the train full.” I said pushing his hand off my shoulder.
We laughed softly, like two little kids after a mischievous deed, trying to hide it from mum. We stood there, bathing in the proximity in that overcrowded train.
“Wasn’t it an awwwwwwwwwww moment?” he mimicked me.
I giggled. I silently prayed for an eternity and a day with him.

1 comment: